Data security is mandated by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), a worldwide standard. An established set of rules and procedures provides an actionable foundation for the development of a solid payment card data security process, which includes the avoidance of security incidents as well as the identification of and proper response to security events. Also referred to as a PCI scan.
Every company that stores, processes, or transmits cardholder data and sensitive information is covered by PCH-DSS since it applies to all businesses that are engaged in payment card processing.
Businesses must adopt controls aimed at achieving six functional high-level objectives to be in compliance with PCI DSS criteria. There are 12 stages to achieving the objectives. In order to track and report on the progress of your client’s PCI DSS compliance, once these controls have been put in place, a procedure must be put in place.
Need a PCI examination of your card data environment? Look no further!
It is essential for businesses to ensure that they are PCI DSS compliant by installing stricter controls for the storage and transfer of cardholder data as well as by doing regular testing and reporting on their findings.
• Test security systems and procedures on a regular basis.
Construct and maintain a Safe network and system environment
• Protect cardholder data by installing and regularly updating firewall setups.
• Never use the system passwords or security settings that came with your computer when you bought it.
• Recognize and verify who has access to the system’s various components.
• Prevent unauthorized access to cardholder data that has been saved.
• Transmission of cardholder data over open public networks is encrypted.
• Ensure that all systems are free of malware and that anti-virus software is kept up to date on a regular basis.
• Make sure your systems and apps are safe and up to date.
Benefits To Your Business
Ready to get started?
Talk to us today
© Copyright 2023 Nexus Brigade